My Photo
Name:
Location: Dryden, Ontario, Canada

Friday, October 29, 2010

October 29th

Well, the Hawkin's Cheesie people delivered.
They sent me two 450 gram bags with a best before date of next July! If any of you buy this product you will know full well the due dates are usually two months away. My good friend Les wondered why it takes so long for them to reach the shelves. I had to wonder as well.
He took one bag home for himself and the kids and said they were the freshest, cheesiest ones he had ever snapped off and eaten. And they were/are. I am disappointed that they did not reimburse me for my postage cost incurred returning the green samples. (They did specifically say they would.) Ah well, I guess I got a triple bag for $1.35.)
Once again I will attempt to plug in the paino. I really do have to restructure all the plugs in this room so that they do not blow the fuses. That's what makes me not rush to plug the old keyboard in. I am just being considerate of the fellow denizens of the Hotel Unusual, as is my way.
If anyone would like to be referenced in these ramblings by the way, I can arrange it for a minimal contribution to the "Prisoners of the Gulag Association" c/o myself. Lasagna is the preferred donation, but books or cash are always nice. Please no cookies, unless it is Crazy Girl Chrissy's regular Christmas package, which I divide equally among all the members of the association.
Speaking of Christmas...please, let's not have a repeat of last years' flood of parcels which inundated the local Post Office and eventually led to me being verbally abused by my local carrier. I suspect there was liquor involved, or perhaps she mistook me for someone else, or maybe she was simply passing on seasonal greetings from some previous companion of mine. Anyway, it wouldn't fit sideways, so I dismissed the comments out of hand.

I have decided to give away fishsticks again this Halloween. The little tykes seemed thrilled to death with them last year. A few parents were grumpy about it, but the night is all about kids...not parents. It could be because I jokingly told the little rascals that they were great in an aquarium, and to plop them in there as quick as they could once they returned home.
Who has more fun than Byron?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rod Parr said...

like the blog! kfc count for greasing the wheels? fish sticks? lmbo!
Rod

October 30, 2010 at 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home