My Photo
Name:
Location: Dryden, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, October 28, 2010

October 28th

I just watched a video by Meg *******, a brooding young woman who lost me after about four lines of lyric. I did watch/listen to a few other offerings she had posted, maybe interested because she stayed in the lower key ranges and had that "I'm kinda peed off with the world" aura...somewhat akin to Roseanne Cash early in her career. Someone I will have to revisit, I guess.
She has a penchant for the long guitar intro, something I see a lot with today's songwriters. I wonder if it is to set the mood for themselves, or the audience, or what? I take it as a sort of passive aggression. Now everyone pay attention to me...can't you see I am serious! I have the attention span of a two year old most of the time, so I want to say...okay..Got it...now get on with it. How rude am I? Very, sometimes. I tend to launch right into whatever I am about to sing. Maybe it's my crappy guitar playing or something, I'm not sure. But I do know that I feel insulted intellectually if a singer songwriter insists on playing almost a full minute of mood setting intro before a sound comes out of their mouths. I know the giant musical figure is going to appear again after the first verse or two and I start looking for the washrooms. How grumpy am I? Very!
Earlier today I counted the number of steps it takes me to cross the room...12. I'm not talking about strides here...that would be five or six I guess, but I figure why build up all that speed just to stop again right away, so take little mincing John Wayne steps. I was doing this to find out how much extra travelling is involved to make a blend of decaf and regular coffee in my one cup makers new position on the desk...as opposed to the sink where it has been for two years. I have been blending the two for a long time, but decided a couple of weeks ago to keep them separate and blend or not as I choose. I have two huge metal tins for the two types, and only room for one on the desk. Therefore the extra mileage, you see. I also need an extra trip with the mug of water from the sink to the desk, so I can see this is going to add up. How boring is my life? Very!
I have renewed a Facebook friendship with a real friend who dissolved that FB friendship over the amount of F-Bombs that could be found in my back and forth bantering with some other friends. She prefers to not read that sort of thing, and I don't blame her. Since my friend list is now down to I think, 13 from 9o something, odds are greatly improved. Is this a case of self-censorship? You bet! (I think fckn may be acceptable...we'll see.)
There are traces of snow on the ground this morning. And so it begins. I must put some diligent thought into stocking up on the essentials so I can cut my trips to the stores down to a minimum. I think with all the extra exercise making my twenty or so cups of coffee a day, it should almost balance out. But I don't want to be caught in here without milk or cream, so I must buy the biggest container of powdered creamer I can find and damn the consequences!
Pills. Smokes. Febreze smoke odour removing candles. Regular candles (for the frequent power outages.) Books! Lots of books! I think that's about it.
I have a parcel to collect from the mail people today. I suspect it will be some sort of peace offering from the Hawkins' Cheesie Company. I alerted them to some green discoloured pieces in a recent purchase, even mailed them some of the troublesome treats and they assured me they would do the right thing. Again...we shall see. What I would really like is my money back.
My big plan for today...a plan I have been meaning to implement for some considerable time now....is to plug in the piano and take the guitar out of the case. Wish me luck. It involves bending over and I am at the stage where I am glad I learned many years ago how to pick things up off the floor with my toes. How flexible am I? Not very....
October 28th

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home