My Photo
Name:
Location: Dryden, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Endless Bog May 25th

Judging by the embarrassing comment numbers, interest in these blogs of mine is dwindling rapidly.
Could it be I am not controversial enough, or relevant at all, or the least bit interesting? Betcha it's all three!
So why do I continue? Because it helps me get on with my day and that is about it.
I have no idea how long I will stick to these daily musings, but for now they serve the dual purpose of exercising my mind and distracting me from the real world.
I spent about two hours, seriously 2 hrs!...last night trying to think of the right word to rhyme with "still". I even turned to the webs' rhyming dictionary for help, but nothing there would work. Today may produce the answer...most likely by removing the word still and replacing it with something more suitable to my intentions. And do you know how difficult it is to rhyme with the word/name God? An exercise in futility unless blasphemy is not an issue.

I managed nearly eight hours of sacktime last night, several of them sleeping. This is a step in the right direction according to my analyst. He also is a proponent of the power nap and demonstrates the proper technique for me at every session. He is a dedicated teacher for sure. "Never waste your precious time," he has told me over and over just before he nods off. He maintains that his constant napping is simply his way of demonstrating the proper technique for aggressive passivity. I have given some thought to switching analysts, but I keep getting my self all worked up and doing nothing about it. Sigh....he's good.

Jann Arden is doing an album with Bob Rock. It will be her second album of cover tunes. The last one was called "Uncovered".
Will this one be called "All Covered Up" Hmmm????

I think Steve Bell should canvas his fans and release an album of the top twenty fan favourites as a fundraiser for his ministry. He could call it "The Collection"
"Wings of an Eagle" could be the bonus track. Run with it baby!

I could release one called "Love for Sale".
Un hunh. Hell, I can't even give it away.

I watched the final episode of Oprah yesterday. She took the stage by herself and thankfully and thoughtfully spoke to her audience like Mother Oprah, which she is in the minds of many and in her own for sure. What struck me was the amount of referencing she did to God. And what floored me was her quoting of the very psalm I am attempting to lyric. "Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10) Now she is not one to mention God much, if she does at all. But she did go on about how we all have a greater power guiding us and we should take time and care to listen for his directions. Right on, Opie! But to me, the phrase struck like a bolt. I had an "aha" moment. I lamely addressed this very issue a few blogs back, questioning the veracity of us all being destined for big things. And this is what she said as well. It's not always the high profile and well recognized things that are ones' purpose. It can be as Mother Theresa said...showing great love in small ways.

"A wish for validation is a common trait of all mankind", she (Oprah) spoke, and I am in agreement. Miss Winfrey suggests that we speak to someone, touch someone, help someone, and hear someone every day. Much wisdom was dispensed on her final show. I am glad I decided to catch it.

By the way, my stuggle with rhyming the word still is not about Psalm 46:10.
That dilemma concerns another project and I hope it will not be an issue after today.

Fresh coffee? You bet!





























1 Comments:

Blogger lareunoia said...

I think the reason for fewer comments is that some have subscribed to your blog. This shows more than a passing interest in what you have to say. All your musings now come to my email which means I don't have come to the blog site. And there is no opportunity to comment unless I come to the blog site. To that end could you take me off the subscription list and continues to send a link to your daily meanderings?

Having said that; I thought the Oprah farewell was interesting and in some ways inspiring. I am after in awe when people seem to feel a need to criticize and mockwhen people are honour and held up for recognition. We all know about her faux pas and gaffs, her struggle with weight, her misjudging people, and sometimes using her power in unhealthy ways. On the other hand she has paid for countless scholarships, paid for schools and shelters around the world, encouraging people to read (mostly good literature), etc., etc.

Thanks for writing, get some sleep. Maybe you should nap at the same time your analyst does.

May 26, 2011 at 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home