My Photo
Name:
Location: Dryden, Ontario, Canada

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Byron's Endless Blog Early Evening May 21st

I had little success at the bake and plant sale. Despite the "No Early Bird" warnings on their advertising, when I arrived 5 minutes prior to the opening hour the tables were half empty and I had to fight a steady stream of gardening afficionados rushing out with their purchases. Disappointed, I returned home in a pouring rain with no plants and two bags of diabetic cookies.
I wish I knew something about plants, it would have helped. I did eavesdrop on two people talking about the merits of Virginia creepers, but the name of the plant scared me off. I also held a small pot of something called Bishops Hood or Hat, maybe toque...naw not toque...but put it back when I saw the information sheet below the supply said..."Warning! Invasive!"
Not sure exactly what or where it would invade, but I erred on the side of caution and went to the picked over baked goods. The lone temptation was a chocolate zucchinni cake, which I believe is the only civilized use for the overgrown cucumber besides ministrone. But a $7.00 Cdn price tag sobered me enough to have me part with a mere $1.75 on the diabetic cookies. I have since tried them and can report that they were only identifiable by the peanut laid on top. There is nothing in their flavour that gave me any indication at all. They are like a tiny powdery pancake with a goober pea on top and I feel like a Goober for buying them.

I am receiving quite a few requests to become friends or reestablish people as friends on Facebook. (I am down to 1) I am afraid it may remain that way for a long time. I am gone into seclusion and don't feel the urge to hear from anyone. I like seclusion. It has much to offer me, especially since I no longer live in the rotting single room at the Hotel Unusual. I imagine I will do some writing again, but I don't know when. Music is way beyond my grasp these days...although I am enjoying singing songs for myself...in private. I quite like the tone of my voice these days. Although it is all beat to hell and gets tired very quickly I am enjoying hearing it. Immodest to write that perhaps, but it is a fact. I have a gospel service one week from tomorrow to lead, and then it's back on the shelf for the Velveeta Fog. I am open to requests from someone, but those requests are not coming in at all. And so it goes...

I was thinking about my Old Crow mention earlier today.
Is not this information highway a wonderful innovation? Here I am, rambling on about nothing in particular, and it is going out to anyone on the Net, anywhere around the globe who decides to drop in. Instant self-publishing. Fantastic and great fun. I speak to myself and to the walls and the rain outside and it all goes swooshing off into cyber space at the click of a key. In perspective, it is staggering....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home